Arizona State University’s Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication has developed and is managing the Editorial Integrity and Leadership Initiative, funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting . This initiative is a leadership training program specifically designed for newsroom leaders in public media.
Scroll down to complete the program application. Click "Save Draft" to stop, save and return to your application at any time.
- Minimum five years experience in journalism.
- Currently playing a leadership role in a public media newsroom, with the interest and skills to take on more responsibility in the future.
- Letter of support from station leadership with statement of goals for the training.
- Candidate must complete leadership assessment tests in the weeks before the program begins.
- Candidate must attend training onsites at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism.
- Candidate must commit to a 100-Day plan.
- Candidate must agree to weekly calls with coach to monitor progress on 100-Day Plans.
- Candidate’s station management must support fellowship attendance and provide regular feedback.
- Candidate must be willing to “pay it forward” by sharing what they’ve learned with subsequent classes and with people in their organization.